Reception home learning support for week commencing 11/05/2020
We are now into week 4 of the summer term. I hope families have been able to establish a regular timetable for the child(ren). Please remember there is no expectation to replicate school (your child’s normal class lesson). Work with your child(ren) to support them with their home learning, especially with the daily assessments (marking). If your child has not fully understood the work then please do spend more time the next day(s) supporting them.
All of the work emailed out will go on to our school website, please visit your child’s class page. Your child should be able to complete the work on paper. There is no expectation to printout the work, use the phone/ tablet/ computer to view the work. If you need to borrow a school laptop then this is still possible to do safely, please contact admin@ or headteacher@ if you require a laptop.
Mrs Eyre would love to know how her class are getting on with their home learning. Parents are very welcome to send photos or videos of their child at work (or their work), also if you need a little help then the class teachers are there to guide you. On the school website there are also links to the BBC Bitesize and the National academy, where parents can find professionally produced videos to support their home learning (should you require them). Thank you to one of our Reception parents for sharing the Youtube (letters and sounds) link, this may help with the phonics learning at home.
Whole school assemblies will be available on the school website this week. Monday and Thursday will be the next parts to the ‘Flowerpot’ story and on Wednesday will be children’s celebration assembly. If you have any photos or video clips that your child would like to share in the celebration assembly then please email to firstname.lastname@example.org (with a brief explanation). Or you child may just wish to light the 3 wicks (candles).
- 0 MATHS NOTES FOR PARENTS 11th May 2020
- Phonics Supplementary words 72 73 74
- Phonics Sheet 74
- Phonics Sheet 73
- Phonics Sheet 72
- Phonics Sentences for reading & writing
- Parent Notes for PHONICS & READING
- Parent Notes for LITERACY rhymes (1)
- Literacy Rhymes & Poems
- BBC Bitesize 11.05.20
- 7 MATHS caterpillar number track
- 6 MATHS 0to20numbercards
- 5 MATHS one more one less
- 4 MATHS Counting to 20
- 3 MATHS Counting to 15
- 2 MATHS Order to 20
- 1 MATHS Order to 10
(previous weeks’ work can be found at the bottom of the menu on the right)
Please find attached work to support your child’s home learning for this week. You will also find additional support on our school website, including quick links to websites for home learning.
To help support your child at home:
- give them dedicated times for their learning (children like routines)
- make sure your child has regular agreed breaks from work (children like routines)
- support your child with their home learning, talking about the learning helps children understand
- have consequences, your child does need to do home learning (children like to know the boundaries)
- Please remember home learning does not have to be at a table with pen/ pencil in hand.
- Take the opportunity to teach your child new skills, they may be art/ craft, gardening cooking, painting, DIY (but in a very safe environment), games (including board games).
- Children also enjoy leading their own learning, let your child choose a topic that interests them.
Please remember though children also like time to themselves, just like adults. Downtime for many children (when they come home from school) may have been XBOX, Playstation or other computer based games. Help your child with their Emotional Wellbeing- talk to them, play with them, help them with their home learning.
Together we can do this.
Please stay safe and follow the Government advice.