Year 1 home learning support for Easter
Please find work to support your child’s home learning for this week.
The activities are just suggestions that will support you and your child over the next two weeks, please do explore your own activities for your children.
I would like to remind parents that there is no need to print the sheets. Your child can use the display screen (ipad, phone or computer) to see the work and then do it on paper. It will be incredibly expensive to try and print the worksheets.
- Year 1 Maths Challenge Cards
- Year 1 Easter English Activity Booklet
- KS1 Easter Maths (1)
- KS1 Challenge Cards
SOME OTHER FUN ACTIVITIES
- Pom pom animals
- Make an Easter garden
- Faberge Eggs PowerPoint
- Easter-Wordsearch challenge
- Easter Mindfulness
- Easter Holiday Homework
- Easter activity ideas
- Easter Flower Cross
- Easter Activities
- Easter Activities 2
(previous weeks’ work can be found at the bottom of the menu on the right)
To help support your child at home:
- give them dedicated times for their learning (children like routines)
- make sure your child has regular agreed breaks from work (children like routines)
- support your child with their home learning, talking about the learning helps children understand
- have consequences, your child does need to do home learning (children like to know the boundaries)
- Please remember home learning does not have to be at a table with pen/ pencil in hand.
- Take the opportunity to teach your child new skills, they may be art/ craft, gardening cooking, painting, DIY (but in a very safe environment), games (including board games).
- Children also enjoy leading their own learning, let your child choose a topic that interests them.
Please remember though children also like time to themselves, just like adults. Downtime for many children (when they come home from school) may have been XBOX, Playstation or other computer based games. Help your child with their Emotional Wellbeing- talk to them, play with them, help them with their home learning.
Together we can do this.
Please stay safe and follow the Government advice.