Our school dates back to 1837 when it was opened as a National School occupying premises adjacent to the Village green. This original thatched building still survives as a private house.
Soon after it was opened the school was united with the Oxford Diocese and has retained the character of a Church School ever since. In 1872 Mr William Benyon, a local landowner, constructed the building, which now houses the school.
Despite an extensive fire and some alterations over the years, the main building retains much of its Victorian character.