Burghfield StMary’s Primary School’s Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is actively involved in the life of the school. All staff, parents and carers at the school are always welcome to attend meetings and get involved in social events and fund-raising activities, with no pressure to sign up to anything, or any specific role.
A variety of events are held throughout the year including :
- Mother’s Day & Father’s Day gifts,
- Christmas Fayre, stall at the May Fayre, (over £600)
- Cinema nights,
- Easter egg competition and visit from the Easter bunny,
- Ice pop sales,
- 2nd hand uniform sales,
- Cake sales as part of our bake off event (£940),
- Quiz night and raffle (£2000),
- Bar at the junior production,
- Whole school poem book.
These events are only possible with your help and support so please let us know if you can spare even a small amount of time to help out at any of them. We are desperately seeking new members.
There are lots of ways to get involved. We are particularly looking for someone to take over the second hand uniform sales and for people to get involved in the organisation of the Christmas Fayre and support on the day as well.
Or come along to a meeting if you have any ideas or suggestions, or just to see what’s going on.
Goals for 2018 / 2019
- Extra laptops and storage trolleys,
- More benches for the playground,
- Creating a new garden area,
- A new shed for school association
- Supporting whole school curriculum events by purchasing resources,
The PTA is a registered charity (127324). The PTA Committee, which includes parents, staff and governors, is elected by members annually and is responsible for decisions relating to the Association and its funds.