A warm welcome to Burghfield St Mary’s School and to this mini website aimed at parents and carers looking for a school in September 2022.
At Burghfield St Mary’s we create a caring Christian learning environment that inspires each individual in the school community to fulfil their unique potential and become a responsible, concerned and active member of God’s world.
Our school vision is underpinned by our aims, they are to:
- Provide a religious education encompassing the Christian foundation of the school and understanding, recognising and celebrating other faiths.
- Enable every child to learn to understand their responsibilities and rights within the wider community and become a responsible world citizen
- Provide an education that gives equal value to the academic, creative, physical and spiritual well-being of every person within the school community
- Enable each pupil to develop spiritual awareness and aesthetic appreciation of, and respect for the environment
- Provide a safe, supportive and stimulating environment that enables every child to reach their full potential.
We encourage our pupils to be active and learn new skills.
Our pupils have PE lessons and take part in our Daily Mile programme. We also take part in the in the Junior Music Festival every year, as well as involving our Infants in a Nativity play.
There are a number of after school activities provided by the school or run by external providers on the school premises.
Musical instrument and choir lessons, gardening club, sports and many more.